Ranked as one of the Best Employers in Nebraska, the University of Nebraska-Lincoln is committed to providing a work environment and culture that fosters personal and professional success and satisfaction. By joining our team, you will be given opportunities to grow as an individual and contribute to the significant impact that we make within the University of Nebraska community and Nebraska’s economy each year.
We invest in our employees:
• Vacation, sick, and holiday pay
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• No-cost life insurance
• Employee Assistance Program
• Retirement plans
• Tuition assistance for employees and dependents
• Exclusive staff discounts
• Continuous improvement and innovation
• Professional development through training and education
• Embrace a diverse and inclusive workplace
• And many more!!
• Operate a wide range of bindery machines and equipment.
• Ensure finishing equipment is in proper working order including machine setup, adjustments, and maintenance.
• Conduct inspections of finished products to ensure they meet client specifications and adhere to quality standards.
• Resolve technical issues and challenging problems that arise during production.
• Maintain comprehensive production records.
• Collaborate with other departments to develop efficient workflow schedules, prioritize tasks, allocate resources, optimize production processes to enhance productivity and meet project deadlines.
• Provide updates on job progress.
• Generate reports to provide insights into productivity and performance.
• Assess bindery processes and procedures, seeking opportunities for improvement, waste reduction, and increased efficiency, and recommend and implement changes to enhance overall productivity and quality.
• Demonstrate and promote a strong commitment to safety standards.
• Train, mentor, and provide guidance to bindery staff on safety protocols, best practices, tips, and techniques.
What you bring to the position (minimum qualifications):
• High school diploma or equivalent experience.
• 2+ years experience in a printing or bindery-related role, operating various bindery machines and equipment.
• Demonstrated experience that delivered high-quality results and consistently met production timelines.
• Knowledgeable and proficient with operating of all bindery and computer equipment.
• Ability to train others.
• Ability to learn new equipment and techniques.
A criminal history background check, driver’s license check, and pre-placement physical will be conducted.
As an EO/AA employer, the University of Nebraska considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, and/or political affiliation. See https://www.unl.edu/equity/notice-nondiscrimination.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers